This blog post contains an affiliate link. It doesn't cost you any extra, but I may get a small portion of the sale.
Very Hungry Caterpillar Themed Birthday Party
The Very Hungry Caterpillar is a classic children's book that has been loved by generations of kids. It's a great choice for a first birthday party theme, because it's simple, yet versatile. You can create a party that's both educational and fun, and that's sure to be a hit with your little one and their friends. I was so excited when my coworker Suzy from Triad Mom's on Main asked me to capture her daughter Sarina's First Birthday.
Here are some ideas for planning a Very Hungry Caterpillar birthday party:
- Invitations: You can find ready-made Very Hungry Caterpillar invitations online, or you can make your own. If you're making your own, be sure to include some of the book's illustrations.
- Decorations: The Very Hungry Caterpillar is all about colors, so make sure to incorporate plenty of bright hues into your decorations. You could use streamers, balloons, tablecloths, and napkins in shades of green, yellow, red, blue, and orange. You could also set up a tunnel and decorate it as a caterpillar for the kids to crawl through.
- Food: There are a lot of different ways to incorporate The Very Hungry Caterpillar into your party food. Since through the book the caterpillar is eating a variety of food it would be a cute idea to have all of those as a buffet of snacks. Gummy worms would also be a cute addition to the treats. The super cute caterpillar cake in the photos was made by Ava's cupcakes. They have two locations, one in Winston-Salem, NC, and one in Clemmons, NC.
- Activities: There are a lot of different activities that you can do at a Very Hungry Caterpillar party. You could have a caterpillar-themed scavenger hunt or do a storytime and read the book. You could also have a craft table where the kids can make their own very hungry caterpillar-themed crafts.
Here are some additional tips for planning a Very Hungry Caterpillar birthday party:
- Keep it simple: The Very Hungry Caterpillar is a simple book, so you don't need to go overboard with the decorations or activities. Just focus on incorporating the book's colors and themes, and you'll be sure to have a party that your little one will love.
- Make it educational: The Very Hungry Caterpillar is a great book for teaching kids about counting, the days of the week, and the food pyramid. You can incorporate these educational elements into your party by having the kids count the number of days in the week or by having them make caterpillar-shaped fruits and vegetables.
- Have fun! The most important thing is to have fun and celebrate your little one's birthday. The Very Hungry Caterpillar is a great book for inspiring creativity and imagination, so let the kids run wild and have a blast!
I hope these ideas help you plan a Very Hungry Caterpillar birthday party that your little one will love.